Service supplier” (a service supplier or a category of service supplier may be referred to hereafter simply as “supplier”) means a person or a company not employed by PMDS who, at the request of an equipment manufacturer, a shipyard, a Shipowner or another client, acts in connection with inspection work and provides services for a ship or a mobile offshore unit such as measurements, tests or maintenance of safety systems and equipment, the results of which are used by surveyors, taking decisions affecting classification or statutory certifications and services.
PMDS offers the following approval for services suppliers:
- Service suppliers engaged in thickness measurements on ships or mobile offshore units
- Service suppliers engaged in tightness testing of hatches with ultrasonic equipment
- service suppliers carrying out an in-water survey on ships and mobile offshore units
- service suppliers engaged in inspections and maintenance of fire-extinguishing equipment and systems
- service suppliers engaged in servicing on inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boat
- service suppliers engaged in the inspections and testing of radio communication equipment or Radio Technician
- service suppliers engaged in inspections and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus
Refer to the requirements here.